Long time no see...



Ahh, so it has been a while hasn't it?! Well, I've been writing blog posts for the Uni, and with everything else that has been happening it has been difficult to keep this one going! But I'm finished writing for the Uni blog now, so hopefully all the posts will be published on here from now on... I kind of prefer this blog, as I get to control when posts are published! I've also taken this chance to change things around a little bit, as those who have seen this blog a year or so ago might have noticed!

So first things first: the Ph.D. ... Well, I have now just submitted my thesis! The writing was really tough for me, especially getting motivated to actually write. There were times when it felt like the thesis would never get finished if I'm honest, so I'm actually so relieved that it's actually submitted! I am now waiting for the (almost) final hurdle that is the Viva...! Last year I have also managed to attend my first international conference, which was great, and am currently in the process of publishing a scientific paper based on my Ph.D. So all in all, mostly positive! What next? - at the moment I don't know, health permitting I want to continue research, but it is so competitive out there, so I have no idea if I would even be able to get further on the ladder...

Health wise, things are stable. Ish. So over the last 8 months or so, I have been on a lower dose of the infusion compared to before. Which is great. However, now this has lead to the pressure getting higher again. Not great, considering that they hadn't really come down before anyway! *sigh* So my priority this year is to try and look after myself better, otherwise who knows what might happen? - also, I know that I need to do this before I get really bad, while I am still mobile and there are still options... Still feel too scared to talk about it it I'm completely honest! but am going to try and focus on the positives. I mean, I have just submitted a Ph.D. thesis! Feel like I'm in this really awkward place (health wise) right now... and what does this mean career wise? ...

In other news: 2017 has been a interesting year for me in terms of music, and I've been listening to bands that I hadn't really listened to before (Kasabian, Queens of the Stone Age, Blossoms) and discovering new artists and bands (Alexandra Savior, The Big Moon, Flyte, ...). Managed to make it to Reading Festival back in Aug. (minus the camping), which was brilliant! Have also taken to listening to the radio too, which weirdly was something I never really did before. Anyway, I've made a playlist of some tracks I've been listening to recently, so give that a listen if you like...



I think that's about it for now. Definitely keen on getting this blog up and running again, so please stay tuned!

Cheers,
Maho